Squadron Staff and Roles
The following lists only some of our staff, this page is in the process of being brought up-to-date.
Commanding OfficerKarin Scott
Flight Lieutenant RAFVR(T)
Responsible for over seeing the staff and ensuring the squadron runs smoothly. Squadron DofE officer, and Wing deputy DofE officer.
Qualifications: BELA, bronze/silver DofE assessor, first aid, heartstart trainer, FMT600 & MIDAS, food hygiene.
Squadron Senior NCOStacy Porter
Responsible for drill, discipline and takes command of the squadron in the CO's abscence. Squadron shooting officer, Wing deputy sports officer - in charge of netball and hockey.
Qualifications: Drill instructor, weapons instructor, SA(SR)07 & shotgun safety, first aid, heartstart trainer, CSLA.
Responsible for moral guidance and support of cadets & staff.
Radio OfficerEdward Rose
Looks after the squadron radio training and equipment. Created and maintains the squadron website and a DofE leader.
Qualifications: BELA, bronze/silver DofE assessor, Archery leader, first aid, food hygiene.
There are further staff, for whom we are awaiting photos.
- BELA/BEL3: Basic Expedition Leader (Award/Level 3) - Lead and teach people in practical map reading, navigation and expedition skills.
- DofE Leader: Duke of Edinburgh Award support staff, helping cadets through their awards.
- MiDAS: Minibus Driver Assessment Scheme
- FMT600: A Forces' qualification aimed at ensuring personnel have appropriate experince with the vehicles they are expected to drive (in this case, minibusses).
- SA(SR)07: A Forces' qualification for firearms range management.